Frequently Asked Questions About the Canadian Tourism Awards
- What are the Canadian Tourism Awards?
- Why should I participate?
- What are the categories and judging criteria?
- Who can apply/nominate?
- What projects/initiatives are eligible?
- Must I be a TIAC member to apply/nominate?
- What does it cost to apply/nominate?
- Do I self-nominate (apply) / Can I nominate someone else?
- Can I apply in more than one category?
- What is the deadline?
- How do I nominate/apply?
- How are the submissions judged?
- Do you need any judges?
- Who can I contact for additional information?
What are the Canadian Tourism Awards?
The Canadian Tourism Awards are prizes presented annually by TIAC to recognize success, leadership and innovation in Canada's tourism industry, and to reward those people, places, organizations and events that have gone above and beyond to offer a superior tourism experience to travellers in Canada.
The Canadian Tourism Awards have become the standard of excellence for businesses and organizations in the travel industry, showcasing the nation's best tourism products, services and experiences.
The Canadian Tourism Awards allow you the chance to celebrate your company's achievements over the past year, honour your dedicated staff, or highlight your successes in a number of areas. Why wouldn't you want to be known as one of Canada's best?
Whether you have created the year's most outstanding traveller experience, preserved a piece of our natural or cultural heritage for generations to come, or created an outstanding tourism product from top to bottom, there's a category for you. You can preview the categories and criteria by clicking here.
The Canadian Tourism Awards are open to all organizations, businesses and individuals in the Canadian travel and tourism industry.
Any Canadian tourism-related product, initiative or service that was offered within the 18-month period prior to the application deadline.
No. Applications will be accepted from all individuals, organizations or businesses that support the Canadian tourism industry and contribute to the development of Canada as a must-see destination. However, if the nominee not a TIAC member, a modest administration fee is applicable.
View fee information and policies by clicking here.
Organizations or businesses may apply or may be nominated by another party.
Yes. Nominations may be submitted in more than one category, but please note that:
- The questionnaires vary from category to category; and
- An administration fee applies to each individual submission.
Nominations will be accepted until midnight on July 5,.
Nominating is easy:
- Preview the questionnaires
- Prepare your entry: Write and save your responses and gather 3-5 supporting photos & video links.
- Fill out the online nomination form: Paste in your answers and tell us who we can call if your nomination is shortlisted.
- Attach supporting files: Please add 3-5 large photos we can show on screen if you win! You can also attach up to two additional .pdf files (like a brochure or testimonial) that give context to your submission.
- Pay the entry fee, if applicable
TIAC will perform a preliminary screening and a shortlist will be presented to the judges. The judges will then evaluate the responses based on the categories and criteria in each category.
A pan-Canadian competition calls for a pan-Canadian panel of judges! Are you interested in getting involved? We are always looking for new judges. Please contact Jessica O'Dacre at [email protected] to express your interest.
The judging committee will be selected from among the names submitted, and will consist of persons who are not associated with the nomination process or any of the nominees. At least three judges are needed in each category. Judges are expected to declare any conflicts of interest.
For more information, please contact Jessica O'Dacre at 613-688-1468 or [email protected]