Engage with Political Party Candidates
As TIAC members and tourism businesses across the country, you make travel & tourism count in the 2015 election. You are job creators – providing over 628,000 jobs across the country - and help generate more than $88.5 billion in economic activity every year. Make sure that this year these amazing contributions and the needs of our industry are on the minds of all candidates.
It is important to reach out and let candidates from all parties in your riding know the issues facing the tourism industry. As the tourism industry’s front line representatives, you give a face to the story of how important our sector is to your community and the country. This message can only come from you.
There are several ways that you can get involved:
- Attend or organize an all candidates debate
- Invite candidates to an event you are hosting or to visit your business
- Write a letter to your candidates – either use our template letter or write your own
- Find your candidates through Elections Canada
- Get the facts on the impact of tourism in Canada
- Find out how many tourism jobs are in your riding
- See what the parties have to say about tourism
- A list of questions to ask candidates about the industry