Call for Nominations for Canadian Tourism Hall of Fame
Class of 2017
TIAC is in search of up to four visionaries that will form the Canadian Tourism Hall of Fame induction class of 2017.
Created in 2006 by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada, the Canadian Tourism Hall of Fame publicly recognizes those individuals that have made tourism an important part of their life’s work and whose actions have had a positive impact on the industry they serve.
Members of the Hall of Fame have helped to shape our sector as a vibrant contributor to our economy and position Canada as a welcoming destination.
Four dedicated and insightful professionals are inducted each November at The Tourism Congress, TIAC’s annual convention.
Nominees for the Hall of Fame should be individuals who have:
- Dedicated the majority of their professional career to the tourism sector;
- Have made an outstanding personal contribution to the tourism sector;
- Helped to create growth in Canada’s tourism sector through innovation, astute business practices and the development of new opportunities;
- Demonstrated leadership in the industry through their engagement with tourism partners at the local, provincial and/or national levels;
- Have left a positive lasting legacy within their business/organization, as well as the people with whom they have worked.
Nominees are generally retired or in the twilight of their tourism careers.
TIAC welcomes all submissions - if you would like to submit a nomination, please forward a brief biography of the nominee and/or a description of their contribution/accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations that meet the eligibility requirements are reviewed by the TIAC President and CEO, resulting in a short list which is presented to the association’s Board of Directors for consideration.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Public Affairs and Communication