Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct guides the registered tour operators in their conduct in the business. This Code of Conduct contains broad principles reflecting the types of behaviour and service standard the tour operators are expected to exhibit toward one another, their clients, and the business community at large.
- The Tour Operators must at all times operate according to the highest business and ethical standards and respect all applicable laws and regulations in the region and province or territory in which it operates. This may include, but is not limited to, tour operator/travel agent licensing requirements, insurance requirements, employment laws and conditions, taxation and so on;
- The Tour Operators shall only work with and receive tour groups from ADS approval travel agents in China that have been authorized by the CNTA;
- The Tour Operators shall be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and hold a current GST number (if gross revenue exceeds $30,000 per year);
- The Tour Operators must ensure that all subcontractors and for-hire entities, particularly in the transportation filed, adhere to all laws and regulations governing hours of service for drivers and the statutory maintenance and safety laws and regulations including safety inspection of their vehicles.
- The Tour Operators shall ensure that the ADS approved travel agents in China and ADS leisure group travelers receive high quality tours, services, and fair pricing, the Tour Operators must:
a) Ensure the well-being and safety of all leisure group travelers during the tour; provide them with accurate information about the products and services;
b) Ensure that the ADS leisure group travel in Canada shall be in consistent with the approved itinerary and that any changes to the itinerary must be approved by the group tourists and/or their travel agent. The itinerary shall state clearly any and all applicable charges, including any services charges or tips expected to be paid for by the leisure group travelers on the itinerary.
c) Ensure that the full cost of operating the ADS tour is covered by the tour price.
d) Ensure that the ADS leisure group has a qualified tour guide fluent in Mandarin Chinese. The tour guide shall meet all statutory federal, provincial/territorial and municipal licensing and regulatory requirements and to act in a professional manner at all times. The tour guide shall follow the itinerary provided by the Tour Operator and is prohibited to receive shopping commissions from any shopping destination.
e) Ensure that, while promoting Canadian goods and services to ADS Chinese travelers, shopping opportunities presented shall be conducted without coercion at reputable shopping facilities, with quality products, with the greatest care for visitor safety and well-being.
- The Tour Operator must keep all ADS tour related information and documents in record in case of any complaint investigation.